Defence Procurement & Cyber Resilience
The EXA Consulting Group sponsored a cybersecurity conference at the Telfer School of Management on March 3, 2020 to facilitate a timely conversation about the current and future state of Canada’s defence procurement. Canadian Defence Procurement, and its approach to cybersecurity, was center stage as a high-profile expert panel weighed in on the challenges faced not only by our country, but also by industry and governments worldwide. The ability to survive and continue business processes in a cyberattack rich environment, and the Canadian government’s procurement process were the key topics of discussion in this event.
Experts in cybersecurity and defence procurement painted a sobering reality that national security is inescapably dependent on agile cyber systems, and the Canadian defence procurement system is not ideally suited to address these challenges. The esteemed panel included:
- Alex McPhail, President and CEO of the EXA Consulting Group
- Telfer Alumnus Alkarim Amlani, Director of Cyber Operations at General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada
- Retired Brigadier General Paul Rutherford, former Director General Information Management Operations and Joint Force Cyber Component Commander, Canadian Armed Forces
- Bob Gordon, Executive Director of the Canadian Cyber Threat Exchange (CCTX)
- Stephanie Carvin, Assistant Professor of International Affairs, Norman Paterson School of International Affairs
- Professor Greg Richards, Executive MBA Director at the Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa, opened the event and welcomed the participants.
EXA President Alex McPhail next provided a broad overview of complex government procurement process and how that process faces challenges as industries, governments, and militaries broaden their awareness and practices to include cyber-resilience. The expert panel then addressed several key issues surrounding this topic of increasing importance.
Over 50 government, industry, and academic attendees participated in the event, and engaged the panel with many questions until the allotted time forced the closure of the Q&A period.
The conference was organized by Samuel Associates on behalf of EXA Consulting Group.
The EXA Consulting Group is Canada’s leading firm specializing in Capture Leadership and Proposal Leadership.
With over 30 years’ experience, EXA generally leads pursuits for programs over $100M, but also leads smaller, strategic bids. For more information, visit www.exaconsulting.group.
More Success Stories
Thales: Wins bid for Phase II of the MEOSAR Ground Segment contract
The EXA Consulting Group congratulates Thales Canada on winning its bid for the Phase II of the MEOSAR (Medium Earth Orbit Search and Rescue)...
D+H: Wins $500M proposal for Employment and Social Development Canada’s Canadian Student Loans Program
The EXA Consulting Group congratulates D+H for winning the $500M proposal for Employment and Social Development Canada’s Canadian Student Loans...